QuickBooks is accounting software that makes the process of managing financial accounts easy while aiding in the process of creating payroll, invoices, managing cash flow, and much more. With the pros of Intuit’s QuickBooks, comes some unexpected interruptions in the form of errors, and the one we shall be talking about in this article is QuickBooks Error 500. The error is linked to the internal server issue and, at times to the crucial accounting data. This makes it important to fix the error as soon as possible.
Either you can follow the solutions listed by QB experts in the blog or dial 1.855.738.2784 to get direct support from QuickBooks technicians
Symptoms linked to QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
By symptoms, we mean what could denote that your QB application is infected by QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500. Here are some common occurrences that you will face when QuickBooks Error 500 takes place.
- The program window that is presently active will crash.
- ‘QuickBooks error 500’ message pops up on the screen, interrupting the workflow on the application.
- While running a program, the system keeps on crashing, displaying a message with the error 500.
- Windows runs sluggishly and does not respond quickly to the mouse and keyboard.
- Periodic freezing of the computer is common when QuickBooks error 500 takes place.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error TD500
What causes the QuickBooks Error Message 500?
Once you have a confirmation that what you are facing is error 500 in QuickBooks, what follows is the knowledge to know the reason for the same. Why? Because being aware of the root cause of the error will aid in fixing it. Based on the cause, you can decide which solution to follow eventually. Hence, let us look at the causes of QuickBooks error message 500.
- The installation of QuickBooks Software was interrupted and hence posing the threat of error 500.
- The most common reason for QB 500 error is the corruption of the company file. In such a scenario, we recommend getting
- professional help to avoid any further corruption and loss of data. You can directly call on 1.855.738.2784.
- Without your knowledge, a third-party application has deleted some files linked to QuickBooks.
- The corrupted windows registry is another reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 500.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Easy to follow steps to fix Error 500 in QuickBooks on your own
Log in to QuickBooks Online in a private browser
Using this solution, it can be seen if the browser is causing error 500 in QuickBooks.
- Use Ctrl + Shift + N on the keyboard if you are a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox user.
- For Safari, use the Command + Shift + N keys.
Run the Verify and Rebuild data utility
To use this solution to fix QuickBooks Error 500, it is essential to keep certain points in mind. Ensure you follow the given two points before moving towards the actual solution for error 500.
- You must run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility on the location that has the original Company file saved.
- During the process of the Rebuild Data Utility, it will create a backup file of the company file. This backup file can be stored at the location of your choice.
If you have understood the above points, you can now move ahead to follow the steps shared below by our support team.
Step 1: Running the Rebuild Data Utility
- Open the application and hit the File tab present on the Menu bar.
- Hover to Utilities and choose Rebuild data.
- A message pops up asking to store the QuickBooks Company file or QuickBooks POS Company file.
- On this prompt, click on OK.
- The process will start soon after. On completion, a message will show up where you need to hit on the Ok option.
Step 2: Running the Verify Data Utility
- Once you are on the application, hover to the File menu on the menu bar.
- Click on the option of Utility available in the drop-down menu.
- Next, hit on the Verify Data option.
- A message may appear on your screen with the following text “QuickBooks has detected no issues in your data.”
- You need to click on OK to continue working on the company file.
- Another thing that might happen is the occurrence of an error message with regard to the data in the company file. For sure a scenario, the steps below must be followed to fix QB Error 500.
- Look for the QBWIN.log file or QuickBooks.log file.
- Choose the file and start the Verify Data Utility tool.
- Search for LVL_ERROR in the file. The same is to be copied & pasted on the QuickBooks Help page.
- If you are unable to find it, another location is the Data Damage Top LVL errors Library.
- Eventually, you can get the issue fixed after locating the required files that are leading to the error.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Error 12007
Removing the cookies specific to Intuit from the browser
At times clearing the browser cache works, but at times for successful removal of QuickBooks Error 500, Intuit-specific cookies must also be removed. What happens is that it removes any issue that might be happening because of website preferences. Here are the steps to remove the cookies based on the browser.
- Open the browser and from the top-right, click the More option.
- Click on Settings.
- Choose Privacy and security before selecting Site settings.
- Next, press the option of Cookies and site data under Content.
- Hit on See all cookies and site data.
- Enter the text “intuit” into the search bar, which will locate the Intuit cookies.
- Press the Remove all shown button else the trash can icon.
- For the changes to take effect, restart the browser.
- Open the Firefox browser and choose Firefox to the top left.
- Click on Preferences.
- Hit on Privacy & Security.
- Use the Manage Data button under the Cookies and Site Data option.
- Enter “intuit” in the search bar, and hit the Enter key to search for Intuit cookies.
- Click on Remove All Shown.
- Press Save Changes.
- Use Mozilla Firefox so that the changes come into effect.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Select Safari next to the apple icon to the top left.
- Use the option of Preferences.
- Hit the Privacy button and navigate to Manage Website Data.
- Type “intuit” where you see the search bar.
- Click on Remove All.
- Choose Remove Now.
- Hit on Done.
- Restart Safari for the changes to take effect.
Related Post – QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
As we conclude the blog on QuickBooks Error 500, we hope the solutions aided you in getting rid of the error and getting back to the working of QB. There might be situations where an individual might face untethering error 500 in QuickBooks. The only solution is to reach out to the experts. Our QB specialists are a call away and will help protect your data, dial 1.855.738.2784 now.