A major Australian bank is reaching out to flood-impacted customers in the Riverland region in South Australia.
NAB is encouraging those experiencing, or are likely to experience, financial hardship due to the floods, to contact the bank ASAP to discuss the range of financial relief measures available to them, including:
- loan deferral or reduced repayment arrangements for home, personal, and some business loan
- deferring upcoming credit card payments
- waiving and/or refunding fees and charges, including, for example, merchant terminal fees and early access fee to term deposits.
Rachel Slade, NAB group executive for personal banking, said the measures would provide flood-impacted customers immediate financial support and reassurance.
“We’re here to help customers, colleagues, and their communities withstand and recover from natural disasters,” Slade said. “Those who need assistance or anticipate financial hardship due to the impact of flooding, should contact us as soon as possible and we’ll talk through the best ways to help.”
To seek further assistance, customers can visit their nearest open NAB branch where it’s safe to do so, visit nab.com.au/disaster, or contact the bank at:
- 1300 308 132 for personal customers (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 1pm Saturday AEDT)
- 1300 769 650 for business customers (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday AEDT)